Open the champagne! Hand me my bonus!

Forum Editor 23:45 22 Oct 09

The recession's over.

click here

Or is it?

spuds 23:59 22 Oct 09

According to some reports that I have been reading, the recesson's is definately not over.

Perhaps the high fives are for the bankers, and their expected bonus packages won on merit :O((

OTT_Buzzard 01:26 23 Oct 09

My bet? There will be an announcement of a minimal positive growth and a great fan fare from the Labour camp in parliament about how wonderfully they dealt with it all.

Then, as is always the case, the figures will be revised downwards in a few weeks time taking the figure negative again, and at the same time, making this one of the longest lasting recessions in history. Hopefully when that happens, someone will be around in parliament or in front of some very well placed cameras to keep the public informed of Gordon Brown's continual deceit and monumental cock ups.

Kevscar1 04:07 23 Oct 09

No where near the longest

The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression in the decade preceding World War II. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations, but in most countries it started in about 1929 and lasted until the late 1930s or early 1940s

crosstrainer 06:42 23 Oct 09

Think it's time to open the bubbly yet.

Unemployment will continue to rise for some time yet, and many pundits see this as simply a "Blip" Keep it on ice for now.

tein 08:45 23 Oct 09

Not here in yorkshire! its terrible! in fact in less than 5 days time there is a factory thats closing with the loss of 350 jobs! i went to job centre yesterday & the person i spoke to told me there is a lot more happening that we dont know! & much more companies are folding!

morddwyd 08:54 23 Oct 09

I opened my champagne earlier, when it was announced that my pension would go up by 34 pence a day!

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:57 23 Oct 09

'The UK economy unexpectedly contracted by 0.4% between July and September, according to official figures, meaning the country is still in recession'..form the BBC website 5 minutes ago. Discerning the difference between one's backside and elbow springs to mind. You could not make this utter rubbish about 'coming out o'de recession' up. More spin than a Bosch and the lunatics are firmly in charge of the Asylum.

G

Quickbeam 10:07 23 Oct 09

it'll be over when things are as they were about 2 years ago, employment, financial security, disposable income etc.

hssutton 11:12 23 Oct 09

This report suggests it will be a while before the champagne corks start popping

click here

Grey Goo 11:30 23 Oct 09

If cowerdy custard cream Brown says it's over then it probably isn't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…