Oooops that's torn IT for a lot of peoples

wiz-king 06 Feb 13
Answered

Anti-virus update problems for XP users

muddypaws 06 Feb 13

Well it didn't affect my XP at all. Perhaps it was overnight. Link doesn't state when it occurred.

Link to twitter says it was yesterday.

Phil Ocifer 07 Feb 13

LoL - Catch 22 :)

Forum Editor 07 Feb 13
Answer

**"Kaspersky told its customers: Please disable the web AV component of your protection policy for your managed computers. It then told them to go the repositories section, download an update and re-enable the protection."**

Those would be the customers who couldn't connect to the web to get the update.

I wonder how the company contacted its customers. Presumably it was by email.

Aitchbee 08 Feb 13

I find it so infuriating when my Norton security update involves [typically] a 100mb download every couple of months or so, 'cos it 'eats up' my monthly 1GB allowance ... about £1, in monetary terms.

SillBill 08 Feb 13

Aitchbee

I couldn't live with a 1GB allowance, I dumped my 40 GB in favour of unlimited, sadly I find that some months I don't even reach 40GB!

rdave13 08 Feb 13

Aitchbee , do you think you need Norton?

Aitchbee 08 Feb 13

rdave13 .... it came free with the beta testing forum, last year, but is probably more [security] than I need. It's was worth-while using it, though.

SillBill 08 Feb 13

rdave13

NOBODY needs Norton, and no one who has ever tried to uninstall it will agree!

SillBill 08 Feb 13

actually that "no one" should read "anyone" lol!

woodchip 08 Feb 13

that says a lot, why me along with a lot stick to free avast

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message