ooh! Err! What happened there?

wee eddie 21:18 22 Dec 14

I got it that The Server was down.

I must admit that my UPS has been working overtime this evening. It's earned its keep. Three power outs and lost Internet connections, but then I'm in the Scottish Free State so one has to expect that kind of thing now and again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 22 Dec 14

Bit windy down here' is that the trouble up there?

wee eddie 02:12 23 Dec 14

We have an overdose of rain, some wind but nothing spectacular. However I've just had those three shout Power outages which the UPS took care of.

It's a bit weird when everything, including the Street lights go out and the PC carries on. I've got sufficient reserve for just over 10 minutes, so long as I turn the Printer off.

spuds 10:19 23 Dec 14

Where I live, we have recently experienced three electricity sub-station explosions, which caused a few headaches for both the general public and commerce. Fortunately, the repair people were soon on the ball, re-routing supplies.

Just goes to show how dependent we have become, with most items now being electricity powered.

Looking at some news reports, Ayrshire as had a real battering, and more is expected. One news item click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…