One of our stalwarts (Brumas) is down

Bingalau 12:50 27 Nov 10

Brumas has just contacted me by mobile phone to ask me if I can do him a favour (We do happen to be quite friendly really). Anyway it seems the phone lines in his area are down and he can't get through to anybody except by mobile phone. So he is sorry to say that he cannot appear on the forum until things have been corrected. I think he is waiting for BT to fix the line. I apologise on his behalf.

Macscouse 13:01 27 Nov 10

Thank's Pal. We were wondering why he hadn't been on the forum this morning.

Bingalau 13:06 27 Nov 10

I think he has already had a few altercations with BT. But he sounded quite "chippy".

Bapou 13:20 27 Nov 10

If the cause is snow bringing down the power lines then it's not suprising. We are about 15 miles south of Brumas and woke up to a further 3 or 4 inches of the stuff.

jakimo 13:35 27 Nov 10

?

birdface 13:43 27 Nov 10

Tell him not to worry as long as he is back on here by next Friday.

birdface 14:33 27 Nov 10

Yes I can just imagine him just now.
Doing the Hoovering.Washing the dishes.
Shopping.
cleaning the snow from the driveway.
Probably suffering from Withdrawal symptoms.
Bet he will be glad when he gets switched back on.

john bunyan 17:31 27 Nov 10

Please pass on our best wishes and we hope that his landline is soon restored. My morse and semaphore is a bit rusty so cannot set up a relay from the sunny South.
I was out on Friday and always miss the postcards I knew - Port Said for one as I was "on holiday" there in November 1956 - the shops opened quickly after the cease fire...

Bingalau 18:41 27 Nov 10

john bunyan. "Wilco" at the moment I think he is probably trying to keep his mobile phone charged up and talk to BT via that. I don't know if it is just his immediate area that is out of action or a much bigger area.

Just think, while you were holidaying in Port Said, I was having to work hard out in Singers. Downing all those litres of Tiger was damned hard work.

morddwyd 19:50 27 Nov 10

Ah! Tiger.

Now you're really talking memories!

(and don't say you can get it in Tesco. It ain't the same)

morddwyd 11:24 28 Nov 10

Unfortunate choice of thread title.

I thought the old buffer was lying in the snow somewhere with a broken leg, awaiting a medivac chopper!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…