One-off Orders

gartoy 09:15 30 Nov 10

It's that time of year for buying things I don't normally purchase such as lipstick sets, football merchandise etc.

Rather than simply placing an order this involves registering with an online retailer I never intend to use again & having to be really careful to make sure that the correct boxes are ticked/unticked to ensure I don't get lots of special offers.

Anyone remember the days when you could often place a one-off order without having to register?

This year I've been scanning the sites I want to purchase from for sales numbers then simply ringing them, but the majority are online orders only of course.

I think, provided the retailers had some secure way of doing it, the option to place a one-off order would generate a fair bit more income, from people who are sitting there, payment card in hand, but don't want to mess about registering.

KremmenUK 09:42 30 Nov 10

I tend to only order online from smaller companies if they offer PayPal as a payment option.

I know CC details go across https but I'm still wary.

interzone55 10:26 30 Nov 10

A lot of companies accept paypal or Google checkout payments, which is safer than using credit card payments on each site, but to be totally honest I feel much happier typing my details into a secure payment site than reading them out to some drone over the phone.

Of course the other option is to go to the shops like in the old days...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac