One for the ex-servicemen amongst us....

Bingalau 13:11 25 Oct 08

click here

Mind you there is no harm in non ex-service members having a look at this too.

Forum Editor 13:15 25 Oct 08

this should be "One for the ex-servicemen amongst us...."

It's of interest to most people with a sense of fair play, and we've discussed it many times in the past.

sunny staines 13:48 25 Oct 08

do know why they do not use more to fill the shortage of soldiers here.

Brumas 14:29 25 Oct 08

"Bravest of the brave, most generous of the generous, never had country more faithful friends than you".

Forum Editor 14:34 25 Oct 08

about Britain's disgraceful treatment of the Gurkhas in Hong Kong when we handed back control to China. They were abandoned in just the same way.

Bingalau 14:39 25 Oct 08

Any chance of just forwarding it to all in your address books then please?

Legolas 14:57 25 Oct 08

To any fair minded individual it is a no brainer, so that says a lot for some members of the Government.

lofty29 15:03 25 Oct 08

The treatment of these people by the british government over the years has been and continues to be disgraceful.

Clapton is God 15:24 25 Oct 08

Petition signed. Link forwarded to friends and family

Jim Thing 21:29 25 Oct 08

Signed it on the day the judgment was announced. If ever there was an injustice to be put right this is one.
Besides, you get e-mails from Joanna Lumley (and you can always dream...

Thanks for reminding us.

bluto1 22:40 25 Oct 08

Thanks for sharing that with us. Petition signed, emails sent and here is a website to look at.
I am not in any way advocating that anyone should send £20.00 a month, particularly in the present economic situation.
Two years ago I answered an appeal on their behalf, sent a donation and received their quarterly "News magazine". I have since sent one off payments, and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. I remember "Johnny"Gurkha from my time in Malaya from 1954 to 1957 and I'll continue to remember him as long as my memory allows it.
Thanks again Bingalau.
click here and follow the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…