Olympic Opening Ceremony - Amazing Photo

Yimbo 06 Aug 12

Well, I've never seen a photograph like this one!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gigapans/opening-ceremony.html

buteman 07 Aug 12

Yimbo

It will not open for me using I/E or Firefox.

Nontek 07 Aug 12

The photo opens fine for me, using Win7 Firefox.

Amazing!

Al94 07 Aug 12

Doesn't work for me IE9

OTT_B 07 Aug 12

Considering it's live event, the photo's pretty good. Quite why anyone would publicly Facebook tag themselves on the picture is quite a different matter.

buteman 07 Aug 12

Well it opens now it was just the top half that opened for me earlier.

Condom 09 Aug 12

It opened fine for me in Win 7 Firefox and the detail is amazing. What was more surprising to me was the many hundreds of empty seats I was able to see going round the arena. It looked very full but certainly was not even allowing for some to be at the toilet.

interzone55 09 Aug 12

Condom

The photo is a composite of 425 photos taken over an hour, during the athletes parade. I think a good number of people may well have left during the tedium of this part of the event.

Aitchbee 09 Aug 12

Why are all the spectatators near that big bell wearing ear-muffs? (bottom RH corner)...great photo.

Aitchbee 09 Aug 12

...where did that echo come from...from...from?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message