Olympic ceremony-length-slashed

carver 19:22 PM 18 Jul 12

Only just seen this enter link description here and hope this is not a taste of things to come.

Last thing we need is for Javelin throwing to be changed into pub darts or the 800 mtrs cut to 600 because of time restraints.

I would have thought that some thing like the opening ceremony would have been sorted months ago not a week before it starts, talk about brewery's and getting drunk.

oresome 19:37 PM 18 Jul 12

Cutting up to 30 minutes off the planned duration time to ease transport problems is hardly slashing, but headlines have to be made.

Grey Goo 20:58 PM 18 Jul 12

Must be disappointing for the BMX youngsters who have put in a load of effort for their "Once in a lifetime" opportunity,only to have been made redundant at the last minute.

Aitchbee 21:12 PM 18 Jul 12

I will not be disappointed...it whets my appetite for more of the same!

Bing.alau 21:24 PM 18 Jul 12

I have always loved sports of many descriptions (forget about Synchronised swimming of course). but I am getting heartily sick of all the publicity both positive and negative which I am being bombarded with.

Why can't the media just drop all the hype and concentrate on covering the events when they happen?

I am looking forward to the athletics, the football, the swimming and the cycling. Are they doing hockey because I love watching that too.

What a pity they aren't covering rugby league. Now that is a sport.... Maybe next time they can do that instead of the pansy game of football.

Brumas 21:28 PM 18 Jul 12

Bing.alau, "What a pity they aren't covering rugby league. Now that is a sport.... Maybe next time they can do that instead of the pansy game of football."

Glad you've finally seen the light - Up the Robins ;o}

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites