older athlons

fitcher 21:03 19 Mar 06

a jurnalist wrote in a mag that any one paying the prices asked for a second hand athlon 3200 proccessor£100ebay)skt A .are stupid as you can buy a new board and proccessor for less ,I do not agree, because after all the maulling about changing boards and buying a new graphics card and memory ,and maybe a new xp .it is a worthwhile propposistion .what do you think

SG Atlantis® 21:23 19 Mar 06

you don't have to change memory or graphics card etc depending on the new board and processor.

So in effect the journalist is correct in my view.

De Marcus™ 21:40 19 Mar 06

Could you post some key points from the article which would allow forum members to give an unbiased opinion?

rmcqua 22:43 19 Mar 06

Here's a good example for Stg.80.
click here

DrScott 13:56 20 Mar 06

If you have a skt A mobo and an AGP graphics card, and you want a CPU upgrade you don't have a lot of choice but to buy the skt A cpu. It's actually quite hard to get a new skt 939 athlon and AGP mobo (most seem to be PCI-E now) for much less that £100.

Still a £100 for a legacy CPU (well, its socket connection anyway) is a bit steep...

keith-236134 17:10 20 Mar 06

There's a lot of things u can get as cheap new as u can bidding for second hand on ebay, less chance of being caught out....like i have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…