Old "Friends"?

morddwyd 08:36 06 Sep 10

Having lost touch with an old friend of some thirty years or so recently I did a search on some likely websites.

Of course, the responses I got were all from people I hadn't thought of for thirty years and didn't really want to think of for another thirty!

'Twas ever thus.

ella33 08:58 06 Sep 10

It might be as well to keep hunting, one of the others might have an idea of the whereabouts of the person you would like to contact. After that it is quite easy to keep a safe cyber distance from unwanted friends, even delete them eventually. I don't mean that unkindly but I feel sure there are those who would be happy to look out but not necessary become bound to you as a result.

spuds 12:35 06 Sep 10

It can turn out a real surprise, when a person who knows a person, who then knows another person, becomes a great result.

Not all that long ago, I had a visit from a long lost friend from Malaya. It was a case of he and his family visiting the UK that led to directions to my humble abode. A very pleasant and unexpected pleasure of two days that turned out to be. Now its a case of thinking of perhaps returning the surprise, before it to late!.

interzone55 15:14 06 Sep 10

Maybe the friend you lost touch with doesn't want to talk to you, they've been lying low for 30 years dreading that the day will come when you find them so they have to change their identity again :-)

Noldi 16:45 06 Sep 10

I did this a few years ago, an old friend got in touch through a reunion Webb site; we met at the Goodwood festival of speed as I was visiting the UK for the event. He informed me he would come with his son, I collected together a lot of Motor racing fan articles (hats key ring holders etc) from my company, and I thought the son would appreciate it while we spoke. We met as arranged within half an hour he had disappeared with all the goodies never to be seen again, I soon removed what I was doing for a job from my profile on a well known reunite Webb site.

Noldi

Brumas 22:21 06 Sep 10

Wish I had friends :o{{

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:17 06 Sep 10

All my 'friends' are either dead, in jail for considerable amounts of time or under-going sex change operations. :-(

Macscouse 23:21 06 Sep 10

You certainly know how to hurt Bingalau. ;o))

Brumas 23:37 06 Sep 10

I suppose it's knack really!

Brumas 23:38 06 Sep 10

Should read "it's a knack really"

Bingalau 11:53 07 Sep 10

Bingalau has no friends either, only platonic acquaintances.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…