hijo 21:00 20 Jan 07

click here

be warned........

lisa02 21:07 20 Jan 07

Snow forecast by the Beeb :D

Brumas 21:52 20 Jan 07

Looks like I shall be needing these instructions
click here
as I live in the Borders - but having said that here in Belford we seem to be in a 'sheltered dip' and we seldom see a lot of snow. As for the wind....that's another story :o(

Mr Mistoffelees 22:03 20 Jan 07

Never get snow in South Somerset, whatever it is. :-)

Stuartli 22:32 20 Jan 07

Rarely seen here on the North West coast - yet from just eight-10 miles inland it can be several inches deep.

pavvi 22:34 20 Jan 07

"temperatures could fall to a chilly 7 or 8 degrees"

That is average temperature for this time of year or even a little higher!

I have to laugh at all the "Big Chill" nightmare stories. It's seen as arctic if the temperature gets to -2. Arcitic is temperastures in Canada which you can add a zero to that and that is mild!

josie mayhem 23:19 20 Jan 07

I can vouch for Mr Misotoffelees I live not that far away from him and nope we don't get snow as such...

Drives me mad when all you hear on the news is the forthcoming snow that never seems to reach us, stops at Weston-Super-Mare!

rodriguez 11:26 21 Jan 07

Can we have some in Birmingham please? :-D

Bingalau 11:47 21 Jan 07

Haven't seen snow in Formby for years. The area is well known to weather forecasters as having the best climate in the British Isles. As Stuartli says NW is normally snow free, I hope it stays that way. I know the children enjoy the first few days maybe. But then reality arrives and it's all doom and gloom with icy pavements and impassable roads etc. ..Bingalau..

Stuartli 12:22 21 Jan 07

I'm only seven miles from you...:-)

Actually I didn't say that the North West is normally snow free, only that the coast line plus up to about 10 miles inland tends to miss it.

Some people claim it's to do with our area being situated between the Welsh and the Cumberland mountains and the Mersey and Ribble estuaries, which creates certain wind patterns.

Whether it's true or not I don't know, but normally we only get very high tides around September.

Input Overload 19:09 21 Jan 07

Mr Cat has just come in covered in snow, Chesterfield.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…