Oh no, not another browser?

VoG II 22:13 23 Sep 04

If the rumour is true, I think it could be a very good browser. The few Google products so far have been very good and if their browser follows this trend, I would certainly use it.

Although there are allready plenty of browers to choose from, I feel that all of them have something missing (eg. IE does not have tabbed browsing etc). I'm hoping if the google one does come out, this could change

spuds 00:35 24 Sep 04

Google seem to be successful in what the do, so all credit to them on this venture.

Djohn 01:14 24 Sep 04

There are many browsers available now as you know and I believe you yourself use two or three of them. I've tried a couple but not yet found one I feel completely comfortable with but still a few more to go yet.

I like IE6 but that may be because it is the one I started with and I'm just now finding my way round it and all its features. I have read somewhere that they are now doing some work on IE6 and hopefully the upgrade will include tabbed browsing, it would be a nice finishing touch to an excellent product.

trths 07:20 24 Sep 04

Continuing to use IE6 is like going out and leaving all your doors and windows open. It's tired and beleagured. Have looked at the new firefox browser this week and took me less than a day before I made it the default browser. It's configurability is superb and best of all, none of the security worries that IS constatntly throws up. Go check it out at click here

regards
G.

powerless 09:23 24 Sep 04

GO Gooooogle!

Mr A! 14:54 24 Sep 04

for the pure reason that my IE 6 ceased to work. It refused all pages and would not work after many re-installs. Firefox is great and so i would recommend it to anyone.

gudgulf 20:36 24 Sep 04

If Google do put out a browser I will definitely try it!

Right now though I'm downloading Firefox.Thought I may as well see what it is about it that seems to be getting a lot of converts from ie on this forum.

VoG II 23:22 24 Sep 04

I now have IE (can't get rid in XP), Opera (two versions thereof, one paid for), Mozilla.

And Firefox which is completely, absolutely and totally brilliant. Totally! The other browsers are just "parked".

If the new Google one is based on Firefox then brill. Otherwise I'll stick with Firefox. A lean, mean machine.

powerless 00:08 25 Sep 04

You can get rid of IE in XP....but would it be worth it?

VoG II 00:16 25 Sep 04

OK yes you can but is it worth it - No.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…