oh no manflu!

i thought it was too late in the year for hay fever. sneezing, runny nose, but i felt fine (yesterday) woke up this morning aching and one hell of a temperature, obviously i dont get colds because im a bloke and blokes only get flu. fact!
so what do i do now? work tomorrow. i used to solve this problem by drinking vast quantities of scotch, passing out and having a hangover that made me forget about manflu, but i dont drink anymore. what works, or is it best to let it run its course (to quote my mother)
god, i hate it all those little microscopic beasties running around inside me! do lemsips work?
any advice on how you handle this severe ailment greatly recieved.

Legolas 14:12 08 Sep 07

I find lemsips help to lessen the symptoms for a while, it might be imagination but anything that helps is worth trying.

ok, will try some, just hope i can make it to the shop and back. i can feel my strength beginning to fade!
quite surprised wd40 does help seems to do everything else!

er that was meant to read does NOT.

Blackhat 15:29 08 Sep 07

As my gran used to say, 'treat a cold it will last 2 weeks, leave it alone it will only last a fortnight' ???

Jak_1 16:28 08 Sep 07

A warm damp atmosphere like we are having is perfect for virus's! Yes you can alleviate the symptoms but you won't cure it! The person who comes up with a cure for the comon cold will then be a rich person!

isnt that because no 2 virus's are the same? is it true that im now immune to the type of virus i now have? is it true that the symptoms only appear in the later stages of the cold (manflu) because this is when your fighting it? the body is a wonderful thing even though mine doesn't feel so chipper atm.

Clapton is God 17:45 08 Sep 07

You've broken the first rule of computing - you obviously weren't running an anti-virus program! ;-))

Oh, and forget the Lemsip - just stick to that good old standby form Scotland (whisky) or the one I prefer from Ireland (whiskey).

Earthsea 17:59 08 Sep 07

Forget Lemsip, I find half the juice of a lemon in half a mug of boiling water with two or three teaspoons of sugar or honey works wonders.

The most important thing is to drink plenty of water, and eat plenty. I had a cold a little while ago and it only lasted a couple of days.

Legolas 18:00 08 Sep 07

I do believe adman 2 is now TT so don't be going encouraging him to drink ;-)

Earthsea 18:00 08 Sep 07

Forget Lemsip, I find half the juice of a lemon in half a mug of boiling water with two or three teaspoons of sugar or honey works wonders.

The most important thing is to drink plenty of water, and eat plenty. I had a cold a little while ago and it only lasted a couple of days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…