oh no Cameron' one it again

daytimers82 15:20 07 Aug 10

click here

I think he needs to take some history lessons and see who exactly was involved with the world wars and see how we the British fought the Germans.

daytimers82 15:21 07 Aug 10

faulty keyboard should read Cameron's done it again

birdface 16:00 07 Aug 10

Another one.
There will probably be many more before the month is out.
And every one will be a headline.
It used to be Gordon Brown that was under close scrutiny now it is David Cameron's turn.
It's all part of the job.
Everyone makes a mistake now and then but we don't make the headlines.

Forum Editor 17:36 07 Aug 10

He made a slip of the tongue about something that happened almost 70 years ago. When he was called to task over it he said "You are absolutely right. There was no senior partner. We were on our own in 1940. What I meant to say was that I was referring to the 1940s, not 1940. You are absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong."

It's difficult to imagine a more frank apology for what was hardly an earth-shattering error.

If we're going to be small-minded enough to make a newspaper story out of every tiny error made by someone who has a million pressing problems on his plate we have indeed got a serious problem in this society of ours. Of course there are some people who have nothing better to do with their time than to go looking for things to be offended by, but a responsible newspaper should know better, The Daily Mail Editor should be ashamed of himself for allowing his paper to descend so far.

bri-an 21:33 07 Aug 10

It mustn't help to read

"Earlier this week the former Tory Party chairman Lord Tebbit criticised Mr Cameron’s style in the wake of his Pakistan comments.
He said: ‘I called it sloppy, slap-happy government. It is time for some disciplined thought and disciplined action. Being a Prime Minister is a serious business.’

If your own former chairman is saying this it surely must be considered a bit 'serious'.

Forum Editor 22:54 07 Aug 10

Precisely. Norman Tebbit is the very last person to be criticising someone's style or making accusations of sloppy, slap-happy government.

He's yesterday's man, and his utterances are not an indication that anything is "a bit serious".

morddwyd 08:05 08 Aug 10

Not to us, maybe, but he is still very much regarded as a senior statesman within the party.

His words will carry some weight with those who matter, the unseen ones, the "eminences grise"

Forum Editor 08:16 08 Aug 10

with some people, I didn't intend to infer otherwise; just that he's not someone who will influence government policy, or the country as a whole.

bri-an 08:36 08 Aug 10

Completely agree.
Strange how he's become a 'nobody' in some folks eyes, after all those years with the beloved Mrs T!

morddwyd 08:55 08 Aug 10

"Norman Tebbit's words may well carry weight with some people"

And those people have a great deal to do with the governing of this country, in spite of the posturings in the Palace of Westminster!

As with all committees and councils, more work goes on outside the meeting than in it, and that also applies to the Chamber of the House of Commons and the Cabinet Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…