Oh I do like a good laugh......

Legolas 18:34 01 Mar 10

I have received many scam emails over the years but the one I have copied below had me laughing out loud, money from the government aye right...

OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE,
LONDON,UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: BRT/13470/IDR
Your ref:...01/03/2010

BRITISH GOVERNMENT POVERTY ALLEVIATION AND EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM.

I Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP,Prime Minister British Government wish to inform you of your selection as one of the Beneficiary for the on going 2010 British Government Poverty Alleviation and Financial Empowerment Program worldwide.All
participants/beneficiaries were selected randomly from Worldwide online networks Directories as a beneficiary of £2,000,000.00 (Two Million, Great British Pounds Sterling).

So, this letter is to officially inform you that two(2) option of payment has been opened for you.

1)ATM with ATM Card Number {4800010177555014} been accredited in
your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 4741.

shellship 18:37 01 Mar 10

If it comes will you share it with all on the forum?

Legolas 18:50 01 Mar 10

You have my solemn oath that when I get my cash I will invite all members of the forum to a massive party, all drinks on me.

PalaeoBill 18:51 01 Mar 10

I got one today in my university account:

title: "Your Mailbox Has Exceeded It Quota/Limit"

body: "Your Mailbox Has Exceeded It Quota/Limit As Set By Your Administration, And You May Not Be Able To Send Or Receive News Mails Until You Re-Validate It. To Re-Validate, Please CLICK HERE"

No attempt to spoof the from address to one that looked like it came from the university IT department. Or perhaps our sysop was on holiday in Holland!

What sort of gave the game away was the thirty odd e-mails that followed it into the supposedly full inbox.

VCR97 20:00 01 Mar 10

I'll go halves on the drinks. I'm in line for $US 17.5 million from Mr. Alex Williams, Supervisory Manager, United Bank for Africa, Burkina Faso.

Oh dear. I shouldn't have told you that. The e-mail was marked "Top Secret".

Legolas 20:40 01 Mar 10

Thats a lot more than I am getting, some people have all the luck

Helen. 21:07 01 Mar 10

Thought it was about the Scottish rugby team.

Legolas 21:14 01 Mar 10

I thought better of you than that, that was a low blow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5