with nuts on the side

Seth Haniel 09:33 07 Apr 11
Answered

click here

The owner of an Edinburgh restaurant which has put grey squirrel on the menu has described it as the "ultimate ethical food".

Bingalau 10:45 07 Apr 11

I'm all for eating them because, like Prince Charles I am in favour of doing away with grey squirrels and helping our native red squirrels make a comeback. I like eating rabbit so I suspect the taste of grey squirrels will be akin to that of a rabbit?

userious? 11:28 07 Apr 11

The nuts might be a bit crunchy.

spuds 11:56 07 Apr 11

Nothing at all new in this, some people have had 'rural' tastes for generations.

I seem to recall all the media headlines about kangaroo, reindeer and bison stakes, plus ostrich, emu and other deliciouses. Never seem to hear about that nowadays. Have people become adjusted or less adventurous?.

Perhaps we should take a similar view to that of the Chinese. If it walks,moves, flies, swims and isn't man-made, then eat it!.

Quickbeam 11:58 07 Apr 11

Strange Topic...

Quickbeam 12:00 07 Apr 11

"squirrel meat was free range, low fat and low on air miles."
I'd take issue about being low on air miles, squirrels rack up a lot of air miles when changing trees.

Seth Haniel 13:26 07 Apr 11

no they're not 'Flying Squirrels' :)

morddwyd 20:00 07 Apr 11

Sorry, I just can't get past the alternative name of Tree Rats.

Perhaps if I had spent some time on Japanese PoW rations, but not until!

Seth Haniel 22:12 07 Apr 11
Answer

Is there any rat in it??
-Whats for afters?
Rat cake, rat sorbet, rat pudding, or strawberry tart.
-(eyes lighting up) Strawberry tart?
Well, it's got *some* rat in it.
-how much?
Three. A lot, really.
-Well, I'll have a slice without so much rat in

(Monty Python)

morddwyd 07:26 08 Apr 11

"kangaroo, reindeer and bison stakes, plus ostrich, emu and other deliciouses"

Kangaroo and ostrich always available at a carry out only a couple of miles away.

Don't see reindeer much which is a pity, as it's delicious, but available on-line.

We also have a buffalo farm nearby and often have that.

We used to eat goat quite regularly when we were in the Black Country but haven't seen it for years.

So we're quite "adventurous", but squirrel? No.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…