NTL - Great support

pj123 16:16 25 Jul 06

Just had a major power cut in this area. Lasted for about 1 hour and 5 minutes. During this time both my NTL cable phones were working. Once the power came back on again neither of my phones are now working. I went on to the NTL website support. Contact them to report a problem with my phones, and what did I get.

"To help you with your problem please call 0845 454 0000."

I can't call them on the phone because they are not working, which is why I thought I would try their online helpdesk.

ade.h 16:20 25 Jul 06

A phone company that wants you to call it when your phones fail. That is silly - not everyone has a mobile phone.

You should post that in the "What really bugs you" thread!

pj123 16:38 25 Jul 06

ade.h, now that's a good idea but this is the first time anything like that has happened to me.

Fortunately, I do have a mobile phone and managed to get through to them. They admit there is a prolem in my area and the phones should be back on again by 1930.

This is rather like "Keyboard not found, press any key to continue"???

pj123 16:39 25 Jul 06

Oops! prolem = problem.

freaky 18:46 25 Jul 06

A couple of years ago, we had intermittent problems with our NTL broadband and digital TV, it only occurred during the day. They came a few times to investigate, and finally found an ants nest in one of green terminal boxes at the end of the road !

pj123 18:46 25 Jul 06

Phones are now back on line 1840. NTL rang me to tell me that everything should be back to normal.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…