Is Nothing Safe From English Predation?

morddwyd 20:33 29 Sep 11

Irn Bru to made in England

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2042916/Irn-Bru-England-boom-sales.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Taking the oil is one thing, but Irn Bru?

This surely plays right into the hands of the SNP!

wiz-king 21:02 29 Sep 11

You may keep it. Yuk!

birdface 21:50 29 Sep 11

If the basic ingredient is water and they are going to make it in England I can there sales dropping.

There is a big difference from Scottish water and English water.

I have stayed South of the border for over 45 years and I think the tap water here is not very good.

It is not the Girders that make it taste so good it is all the rust on the Girders with all of the rain they get that gives it the required taste.

It would probably taste as good as English Whiskey.

Woolwell 21:55 29 Sep 11

buteman There isn't a great deal of difference, if any, in the water in the south west of England and Scotland both areas have lots of granite. They have just made whiskey (they spelt it the Irish way) in Cornwall at £150 per bottle.Cornish whiskey

Woolwell 21:57 29 Sep 11

The Scots have been importing Buckfast Tonic Wine for some time.

mobing 02:34 30 Sep 11

so many stuffs are not sa good as before ,we live in a strange age !

zzzz999 06:01 30 Sep 11

Irn Bru was bottled in Manchester for many years (and may still be).

birdface 07:25 30 Sep 11

In some places Irn Bru is not classed as a soft drink but the best hangover cure ever invented.

7 year old malt Whiskey for £150 they are having a laugh.

I think most scotch whiskeys are at least 8-10 year old before they mature and are sold not sure whether malt is even older.

I am not a Whiskey drinker but the 2 bottles I finished last night said 8 year old and just as well I have a couple of bottles of Irn-Bru in the fridge for emergency's like this.

interzone55 09:49 30 Sep 11

buteman

Have you tried English Whiskey?

The output from St George's Distillery is absolutely fantastic, even though the latest batches have only had about 5 years in the barrel.

http://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/home.html

It's a different style to my favourite whiskey (Ardbeg), but is still a dram to savour.

Regarding Irn Brew, as long as they send it all back to Scotland after it's been concocted in the science lab (I can't believe there's anything but water & chemical colourants in the bottle) then it's fine by me...

birdface 14:31 30 Sep 11

alan14

Please note that from 9th March 2010 we will only be taking internet orders for English Whisky Co. products.

I can't imagine them doing much business North of the border but you never know.

You are actually one of the few that I know that doesn't like Irn-Bru so I have come to the conclusion that you have never tasted it.

Or you have never been in the need of a hangover cure.

Quickbeam 15:10 30 Sep 11

Does this mean the Forth Bridge will have to be rebuilt across the Trent at Burton or somewhere... The 39 Steps will never be the same if it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…