Not needed.

spikeychris 18:24 05 Dec 04

Just had a gander at my recent postings and I have noticed that my time in the Helproom has diminished somewhat. Most of my input in these forums now takes place in this room, have I turned into an opinionated old lag or is it that 30 seconds after a post is typed a whole host of keyboards start getting battered so there’s no need. The turnaround now in the Helproom is incredible, am I the only one who feels this way?

Valvegrid 18:38 05 Dec 04

Maybe, I tend not to answer posts straight away now, I usually just watch and if I think I should add something I will. Quite happy sitting back and watching, sometimes smiling to myself. Apathetic? Maybe, I not sure.

VoG II 19:06 05 Dec 04

Nope, not in my case. I only pop in here if the Helproom is uncharacteristically quiet (like now).

Knowing my luck, 20 Excel questions will have been posted and answered by the time I've typed this.

spuds 21:19 05 Dec 04

Lurking most of the time, with the occasional response if I think fit.

I notice some of the 'older' member names seem to be disappearing.

Chris the Ancient 21:38 05 Dec 04

I'm like spuds in that I do a lot more lurking than doing.

Also, there seems to be a 'more clever' bunch in the helproom. They ask questions that I have no idea of the asnwer to, and as spikeychris and VoG™ reckon, when I do know the answer, everyone else beats me to it.

I'm just getting to old to race around ;o)

CtA

Chris the Ancient 21:39 05 Dec 04

... and some of them can type better than me and remember to use ieSpell!

sidecar sid 22:53 05 Dec 04

Sometimes I think I may have built in obsolescence.

Forum Editor 23:45 05 Dec 04

We've been at this for four years now, and since we started a whole new 'generation' of computer users has come aboard. People who were ten years old back then are fourteen now, and many of them are now here in the helproom - answering questions in a lot of cases.

People move on, and lots of our original members have done just that - moved on, moved abroad, or are in changed circumstances, so they don't post any more. It's what the business world calls 'churn', and it happens in all organisations where you have large numbers of people. Nothing stays the same forever, and the forum is no exception - it's a very different place to the one we knew in 2000.

spikeychris 11:00 06 Dec 04

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore

recap 16:14 06 Dec 04

FE said "People move on, and lots of our original members have done just that - moved on, moved abroad, or are in changed circumstances"

In my case it is the later, both my personal life and business life has changed dramatically, so I am unable at times to post. I do look in most days but finding the time to post has become difficult. I will always be a part of PCA, I feel I owe it a lot. Quite a lot of my knowledge has come from reading the post in the helproom.

As for the original question from spikeychris, I too find my self drawn to this forum, even if it is just to read the postings.

leo49 16:35 06 Dec 04

Ah,Dorothy.I remember the night you blew your brains out in San Francisco....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…