Not the ideal place for a poster

interzone55 10:30 14 Apr 11

Poster advertising TV show The Walking Dead pasted on the side of a Co-Op funeral parlour Click Here

spuds 11:14 14 Apr 11

Advertising and marketing all have their own little quirks in life, and this was perhaps one of them?.

Colin 12:33 14 Apr 11

The biggest mistake is if anyone watches this drivel. I saw it on FX and although it started well it just tailed off towards the end of the series.

Forum Editor 18:41 14 Apr 11

Colin

Everyone is entitled to express an opinion, but 'Waking the dead', drivel?

I would hardly think that a series which ran in prime time for ten years and averaged an audience of 6.5 million (27% of the viewing audience) qualifies as 'drivel'.

In the end, like so many TV dramas it suffered at the hands of the milkers - producers who are so reluctant to give up a good thing that they come up with ever more bizarre story lines. It was a pity, but that's life in the world of television. I thought it was one of the gems in the TV drama crown, but I respect your right to differ.

morddwyd 19:54 14 Apr 11

I'm confused (again!).

Are we talking about "Waking the Dead" or "The Walking Dead" which is what appeared when I clicked the link?

monkeyboy21 20:22 14 Apr 11

Morddwyd,

I think The Walking Dead! FE just has his wires crossed a little, although I thought the series was excellent! For that matter so was Waking the Dead!

oresome 18:12 15 Apr 11

It would have paid dividends for the Co-Op to have had a advert vetting clause in the billboard agreement, then they could have laid this matter to rest.

Forum Editor 18:35 15 Apr 11

"FE just has his wires crossed a little"

Diplomatically put, and totally correct. I mis-read the opening post, and in my haste to leap to the defence of what I think was a pretty good series I grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

Apologies to all, especially you Colin; I'll slink off and keep quiet.

Colin 19:38 15 Apr 11

Thanks for the apology, FE. I think we've all probably done this at some time. I tend to skim through the posts and I can recall a few times that I’ve got the wrong end of the stick. With regard to Waking The Dead, I can’t comment as I’ve never watched it, but I know that it does get good reviews.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…