Not a Favourite Hallowe'en Activity.

morddwyd 20:54 PM 25 Oct 12

It's that time of year when bowel screening kits drop through the door.

I know it's for my own good, but I must confess out of all the old established Hallowe'en traditions, catching poo on a lolly stick is not top of my list of favourites.

Still, look on the bright side, in addition to getting a free TV licence at 75 I also can't get bowel cancer (screening stops at 74!).

Nontek 21:14 PM 25 Oct 12

I also can't get bowel cancer ...........

Hmm,don't wanna be a doom merchant in any way, but at 77 I have just been found to have colon cancer, fortunately in very earliest stage - hospital next Thursday to have it removed!

Aitchbee 21:33 PM 25 Oct 12

I've found the test-kit a dawdle to use [being a 2 time user] ... the colder ambient temperatures [at halloween] must keep the 'little brown spots' on their postal journey to the labs ... fresher ... longer.

Condom 21:42 PM 25 Oct 12

Having just returned to Thailand after almost two years I am catching up with many old and not so old friends. Most of the news has been good but some not so good like a fellow pool league player who decided jumping from a high building was more preferable to life.

I also received a note from a friend of the same age as me telling me he has stage 3 cancer of the bowel. I knew he was ill but I never realised just how bad.

I can assure you that the lollipop stick is the much better option. Use it while you can.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:24 PM 25 Oct 12

At what age does bowel cancer screening start?

Aitchbee 22:29 PM 25 Oct 12

I would gladly ditch my TV(s) and donate the yearly TV Licence Fee to the Fight Against Bowel Cancer ... £145 per person's life is 'Cheap as chips'.

Nontek 22:29 PM 25 Oct 12

Mr Mistoffelees ....

Age 60 and over!

Aitchbee 22:39 PM 25 Oct 12

I was self-screened for bowel cancer at the age of 54 and again at 56; Scotland has a better health system than England & Wales.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:43 PM 25 Oct 12

Thanks Nontek, twelve years to go!

Kevscar1 04:19 AM 26 Oct 12

Aitchbee and I would gladly ditch my RSD for Bowel cancer. For every £50 donated to Cancer Research less than 1p is donate to RSD/CRPS

natdoor 15:31 PM 26 Oct 12

"Still, look on the bright side, in addition to getting a free TV licence at 75 I also can't get bowel cancer screening (sreening stops at 74!)."

It is possible to request a screening kit when beyond the age covered by the screening programme. NHS link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11