Nortons Firewall Alerts

jakbiker 11:15 09 Nov 04

Every time I receive a message from a cetain yahoogroup.....ok ok. well nortons pops up twice to tell me that Outlookexpress\MSIMN. exe is trying to access the internet to an ip which traces to Hongkong ILINK. It also says it is low risk from Microsoft.Can any one tell me what it is trying to do? Naturally have told it not to connect, using windows me and my pc is six years old.Thanks.

Forum Editor 10:58 14 Nov 04

where you would have seen more response, still, you're here now, so.......

The IP address you posted is actually an Apache server test page - used to test the server after installation.

Hong Kong ILink - at least the only one I know personally is (or was) a respected and bona fide data centre. I came up with another site however, which is a photo-exchange server, and that tried (unsuccessfully) to access my system registry. Is your yahoo group posting photos?

Whatever the explanation - do not allow any newsgroup or chat site to link you to anything that attempts to connect you to an unknown server.

jakbiker 17:52 15 Nov 04

Thanks, you hit the nail on the I assume that they were trying to access all my files. The fact that the pop up box said it was from Microsoft might just have fooled me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…