North Yorkshire tests nuclear missile.

user8 14:39 01 Jun 09

North Yorkshire are the first UK county to test nuclear missile underground!

For more on this breaking story click here

Charence 16:12 01 Jun 09

hehe.. I guess that means we won't be able to buy stuff from North Yorkshire anymore due to the trade restrictions?

On a more serious note, does anyone know specifically why the UN et al. are condemning what the Korea has done? Are they objecting to them testing the weapon or simply possessing them? If it is the latter case, then I would have to disagree, because we have them too... click here

Charence 16:12 01 Jun 09

umm remove 'the'

tein 19:05 01 Jun 09

Even more worrying if you live there like i do!!

wiz-king 19:15 01 Jun 09

Enough to make you pudding go flat.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:32 01 Jun 09

So Ekky-Thump is not good enough for them anymore is it?

Lancashire beware!

Stuartli 19:42 01 Jun 09

It's very well known that the UK has nuclear weapons..:-)

But they are not under the control of a megalomaniac or 20....:-((

laurie53 20:34 01 Jun 09

"we have them too"

Yes but this is a very snooty club and there are strict rules for joining.

Grey Goo 20:47 01 Jun 09

Wonder who they got to light then fuse.

WhiteTruckMan 21:00 01 Jun 09

We are aware where I live, right on the border. We've stepped up production of parkin, and uncle joes mint balls cannot be had anywhere. Refugees from the authoritarian regime in todmorden are already starting to trickle in.

Council officials are stopping young men at random and showing them a copy of the sunday sport. At the slightest murmer of 'ee by gum!' or 'By eck' they are whisked away to detention in the sabden treacle mines.

Wanted posters of Michael Parkinson are appearing, with a weekend at butlins for anyone reporting his whereabouts. Information leading to his apprehension may lead to a 5% reduction in your council tax.

The paramilitary wing of the brownies are handing out leaflets advising people to wear bicycle clips to prevent unauthorised whippet entry.

Anyone caught drinking yorkshire tea is packed off for political re-education. This consists of groups of people reciting eric morcambe jokes until letter perfect.

There has been no official comment on the rumour that hebden bridge has entered into unofficial secret peace talks.

Rochdale has volunteered to be the site of lancashires first test weapon, saying it could use the improvement to the area resulting from such a test.

WTM

Picklefactory 22:41 01 Jun 09

:o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…