Non-Spam Alert!

morddwyd 20:46 26 Sep 11

I've just heard from HMRC.

It seems I am due a tax refund.

As the letter was delivered to my front door by a man in Royal Mail uniform, and it does not ask for my bank details or an administration fee , am I safe in assuming this is not spam?

lotvic 21:47 26 Sep 11

we are speechless..... keep us posted :)

Aitchbee 22:42 26 Sep 11

I ate a tin of spam recently and was 100% sure it was spam.

wiz-king 05:44 27 Sep 11

If your not sure - cash up the shekels into English pounds (I would prefer those to Scottish ones) and send it to me and I will run some quality checks on them and send you my findings. I will - if quantity allows - do long term checks on its ability to breed and reproduce itself.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:45 27 Sep 11

I suggest you cut of a small piece and taste it. You will soon know if it tastes like Spam.

SimpleSimon1 09:19 27 Sep 11

It may well be from HMRC but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much! Over the last 3 months, I have had 6 different letters which range from them owing me £3,300 to me owing them £1,600! The system appears to have descended into a total shambles and they appear to be utterly incapable of making a correct calculation even though they have all the information and my circumstance haven't changed from one letter to another.

birdface 10:09 27 Sep 11

As the letter was delivered to my front door by a man in Royal Mail uniform.

Same as my letter but never ever did receive my £900,000 that I won in the Spanish lottery that I never entered.

spuds 11:19 27 Sep 11

SimpleSimon1

Get yourself a good accountant. I had a similar problem, but mine ranged from a demand for a little over £30.000 (more than the business had turned over) to them owing me £73.74. A one off telephone call from the accountant to his HMRC contact soon resolved the problem. But I still owed them though!.

SimpleSimon1 12:18 27 Sep 11

Spuds

Yes, we sorted it out with them and all sides finally agreed a correct figure and coding. So, what happens...they then send me a new coding which is totally wrong (in a different way).

Like I said, IMHO the system is currently a total shambles

morddwyd 20:27 28 Sep 11

The cheque really was "in the post".

It arrived this morning!

john bunyan 21:26 28 Sep 11

I had a nice refund put by HMRC into my bank a/c. Due to some foreign interest which I thought I would have not arising as I had brought money home and spent it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5