No way to open an anonymous poll?

SillBill 23:34 PM 06 Feb 13

I can't see any way of opening a poll, and since it may well be sensitive there is not much point in asking how old most most contributors are here in a regular thread. Maybe it has been done before?

passing through 00:06 AM 07 Feb 13

From postings read in the last couple of months. I would think the vast majority of regular posters to the Speakers Corner section are 60+

SillBill 00:08 AM 07 Feb 13

I tend to agree, but I'd make that 60++

SillBill 00:13 AM 07 Feb 13

Jock1e how very true!

morddwyd 06:56 AM 07 Feb 13

Who's interested?

Either the forum is interesting or it isn't.

If it's not you go and find one that is, if it is, then what does it matter how old people are?

I've seen some of these forums where every man and his brother (it's nearly always males) starts up some inane poll on some totally pointless subject.

God preserve me!

Aitchbee 07:20 AM 07 Feb 13

The human frailties of old age disappear, as if by magic, when one is fast asleep. It works for all ages, I suppose.

hastelloy 09:33 AM 07 Feb 13

Age is a matter of mind - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Forum Editor 10:43 AM 07 Feb 13

I don't think we need to ask people how old they are - it isn't relevant as far as we're concerned.

Let's just get on with what we do best.

Bing.alau 10:51 AM 07 Feb 13

I think it shows in the type of music we say we prefer. Aitchbee is ageless. Not many of us remember Tiny Tim and his tiptoeing through the tulips. I of course, can remember Issy Bonn and a few other pre-WW2 artistes. But have no recollections of the music from 1965 onwards. Apart from my line dancing music that is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11