No smoking posters

pj123 13:29 11 Jun 08

My Partner's son has been trying to give up smoking for some time now. Unfortunately, he has failed.

He seems to think that if he had some of these "what smoking can do to you" type posters stuck up in his room they may help.

I have googled but all I get are the normal "No Smoking" signs. Can't seem to find any downloadable posters.

I have Emphysema, have to be in a wheelchair and on Oxygen 24/7 from smoking. That doesn't seem to have any effect either.

belfman 13:33 11 Jun 08

click here

click here

click here

Never mind doctored up images just print some real life stuff via google image search.

Marko797 13:37 11 Jun 08

If ur 'live' situation (as u describe it) can't convince him to pack in, then I'm not sure any pictures/posters would have any effect at all.

Quiller. 13:48 11 Jun 08

but my doctors surgery asked me if I was interested in a smoking cessation clinic.

First week " our group " decide why we wanted to stop. The second week we picked a stop day, a buddy and if we wanted help ( patches etc. ) third week we all stopped.

That was three years ago. Never touched one since.

The smoking cessation clinic was brilliant and I could still ring them for help now, if needed.

pj123 14:12 11 Jun 08

Thank you belfman, some good pictures there.

johndrew 14:20 11 Jun 08

If he is inclined to be avaricious then a home made poster showing what he is burning may also help.

I gave up when coming back from overseas in the early 1970s I finished my `duty frees` and needed to buy a pack - it was the last I bought and stopped smoking as I stubbed the last of them out. Been (fairly) clean since.

a hypnotist worked for me, well sort of! it was a present from a girlfriends mother, i had no intention of giving up and lit up as soon as i got outside, and spent 10 minutes throwing my guts up the taste was awful. i didnt /couldnt smoke for about 6 months, and my girlfriends mother knew this would happen i suppose.
the point is had i wanted to stop this would surely have worked. this was a hypnotist who worked very closely with the government, was quite expensive, had very nice offices and is well respected, i suppose their are a lot of less appointed people who claim this as a profession!

smokingbeagle 14:38 11 Jun 08

click here

Use it as wallpaper myself.

Earthsea 14:53 11 Jun 08

A friend of mine used a hypnotist to give up smoking and, like you, it tasted so horrible he gave up for about 6 months. The problem with hypnotherapy is that it can often be a 'quick fix' and the results are only temporary. I have an Occupational Therapist friend who has also told me this.

Much better to use will power, and Nicorette patches.

a 6 month headstart maybe a good thing, addictions get easier the further you get away from them, im speaking from experience.

Stuartli 16:20 11 Jun 08

A pub about seven miles from where I live has a covered outside area for smokers - it houses several signs requesting people not to eat as it may upset smokers...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now