No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting

Confab 17:39 29 Jan 07

I went to a well known pet shop at the weekend in order to purchase some fish for my sons tropical fish tank.

I found an assistant, a young lad of about sixteen, and pointed to the tank full of Neon Tetras and said that I wanted six of those and one Zebra Danio please (the one Danio was to replace one that had recently passed away). “No problem” he said, and dragged his ladder over to the display tank and within about five minutes he had managed to catch six Neon Tetras. About 15 minutes later I noticed that he was quite flustered and still poking his net in the tank trying to catch a Danio. “I can’t get the last one” he said, “It’s too fast and the tanks too big”. It was then that I pointed out to him that the tank next to the one he was trying to catch the fish in was full of Danios and I would happily take one of those. So he dragged his ladder over to the next tank and instantly netted a fish.

He sealed the bag full of fish and wrote out my receipt. “These come with a full replacement guarantee” he said “If one dies within a week then bring it back and we’ll replace it”. “Bring it back?” I said “What a dead fish?” “ Yeah we’ll replace it, no questions asked” he replied.

On leaving the store I couldn’t help thinking of Monty Python and that parrot.

Confab

spuds 17:50 29 Jan 07

Strangely enough, some pet shops do this. Called customer service and good relations.

Not sure about returning a dead caiman, with a human hand stuck in its throat though ;o)

jackhass 18:13 29 Jan 07

I wonder if these shops give the same guarantees for the Vista blue veined Anacondas?

Anacondas are rather slow-moving , so they have to rely on stealth and the element of surprise to catch their unsuspecting prey(pc up-grader).

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:24 29 Jan 07

Places that flog fish around here operate the same policy...if it snuffs it within 7 days they will cough up your readies. With some of the Koi selling like hot cakes at over £1500 each, I would strap the ruddy, lifeless thing to my head and wear a tutu if it snuffed it and I had do this to claim my money back.

G

The Brigadier 18:31 29 Jan 07

do you get the same guarantee if your chips give you a dodgy tummy?

big bloke66 19:48 29 Jan 07

I would strap the ruddy, lifeless thing to my head and wear a tutu if it snuffed it and I had do this to claim my money back.

Priceless !.
bb66.

oresome 19:54 29 Jan 07

Just a thought.

How do they know the fish you take back is the same one you purchased?

jack 20:04 29 Jan 07

oresome
Just a thought.

----------------------------o0o---------------------

Scan it with the bar code reader of course

Dizzy Bob 20:58 29 Jan 07

Jack,

How do they know the fish you take back is the same on purchased?

Check it on the scales!

/cough

DB

Confab 21:02 29 Jan 07

Apparently they're all chipped. The Koi don’t sell like hot cakes - they sell like hot potatoes!!

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…