no new competition issue 117

bobbybowls 10:41 16 Feb 05

i have just tried to enter the competition on p38 of latest issue 117 apr. when you go to the page the old competitions including some that are past there closing date are there but not the new one.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:13 16 Feb 05

I presume you're a PCA subscriber and have received your magazine by post before it's official release date of 20th (of each month).

I believe the competition is not officially open on the web site until the official release date of the mag.

bobbybowls 15:22 16 Feb 05

yes i am a subscriber i did not know we got it earlier than the shops. i wiil try later.

herc182 21:20 16 Feb 05

why do we get PCA so early! its only mid feb and we have the april issue.....

Totally-braindead 21:49 16 Feb 05

herc182 did you not know that the PCA magazine works on its own calendar PCA Time. Like GMT but a bit ahead, just like the times on the postings we make on this Forum are hardly ever at the right time, if you don't know what I mean have a look at the time you post a reply or start a thread you'll soon see what I mean.

Totally-braindead 21:50 16 Feb 05

I posted the above at 21:42

herc182 22:03 16 Feb 05

yeah i can understand a few minutes here and there but two months.....

just wondered why they did that. furthermore, i have found that prices for cameras and DVD writers (in the magazine and the website) are either not up to date, or not even near the best offer you could get for it....

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:50 21 Feb 05

Submitted your entry?

bobbybowls 07:32 22 Feb 05

yes i have entered, but i don't know why i bother as i never win anything.

Stuartli 10:30 22 Feb 05

It's impossible for any monthly publication to provide completely accurate prices as they are changing all the time - a possible exception are advertisements placed by retailers who are aware of pending manufacturers' discounts or new product prices.

Stuartli 10:33 22 Feb 05

No, no, no.....

Not the PCA publication month being so far ahead debating school yet again.....:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…