No need to visit the library anymore

VoG II 18:10 15 Dec 04

If and when Google's project succeeds click here

csqwared 20:24 15 Dec 04

Not until 2015 anyway! I would have thought that with the web as it is today, most of the information to be found in library books, even those which date as far back as the 1600's, is available providing the 'search for' question is well formatted. If you just want a good read I would still prefer to get the book.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:41 15 Dec 04

Canon Lide 20 is my bet for Google's weapon of choice;-)).

VoG II 20:47 15 Dec 04

Good idea! I'll offer my services.

Sethhaniel 14:51 16 Dec 04

click here

Text Collections
Canadian Libraries 269 texts
Various Canadian libraries have joined the Internet Archive to scan this set of books as part of a volume book scanning pilot project. A Kirtas APT 1200 located at the University of Toronto was used to try to achieve a 10,000 pages per day scanning rate.

Million Book Project 14,631 texts
This undertaking will create a free-to-read, searchable digital library the approximate size of the combined libraries at Carnegie Mellon University, and one much bigger than the holdings of any high school library.

Children’s Library 1,582 texts
The Children’s Library is focused on the inherent promise of the Internet to provide direct and global access to quality content for children. This collection includes works from the International Children’s Digital Library.
Project Gutenberg 9,848 texts
The premise on which Michael Hart based Project Gutenberg was: anything that can be entered into a computer can be reproduced indefinitely.

Arpanet 251 texts
This collection consists of memoranda, interview notes, periodicals, papers, and other materials documenting the development of the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (Arpanet) of the US Department of Defense.

Open Source Books 425 texts
Open source books are contributed by the community.

Happy Reading ;)

Sethhaniel 14:54 16 Dec 04

This collection is free and open for everyone to use.

Our goal in digitizing these texts and putting them online is to provide easy access to a rich and fascinating core collection of archival texts.

By providing near-unrestricted access to these texts, we hope to encourage widespread use of texts in new contexts by people who might not have used them before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…