No longer a number...

canarieslover 18:18 14 Jan 09

Six is a free man.
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:39 14 Jan 09

Did anybody ever work out what the Prisoner was all about?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:50 14 Jan 09

I have all the Prisoner episodes on DVD as well as all the Avengers episodes :-( I am also sad enough to have stayed at 'The Village' Hotel in Portmeirion.

G

tullie 21:18 14 Jan 09

Not disagreeing Gandalf

pcmags 22:12 14 Jan 09

Sad day for all those who enjoyed his work.
Portmeirion is an interesting place to visit.
Sadly did not see rover in my visit!

Forum Editor 00:22 15 Jan 09

McGoohan played a British secret agent who was abducted from his home and kept in 'The village' against his will. He had apparently resigned, but his captors didn't know why, and kept trying to find out. He refused to tell them, despite numerous interrogations by Number two. There was a Number one, but he never appeared.

Number six (McGoohan) continually tried to discover who was running The village, and made regular escape attempts.

The end.

laurie53 08:06 15 Jan 09

I'd forgotten his other series "Danger Man" until I read his obit.

Anyone else remember (and enjoy) it?

SimpleSimon1 09:10 15 Jan 09

But that's the easy bit!

However, if you can explain the last 30 mins of the last episode, I really will bow down and worship the oracle :-)

jack 09:13 15 Jan 09

Not me - I seem to recall the first series in all of these but then subsequent series I passed by they either got more ludicrous or I got more cynical/selective in my viewing - or come to think of it working too hard to keep roof over the heads of my brood.

pcmags 09:33 15 Jan 09
  JanetO 09:35 15 Jan 09

Apparently they're remaking the series which will be shown next year.

The Prisoner was the next progression from McGoohan's role as a secret agent in Danger Man. He was then the highest paid TV star. He wrote all the episodes and did most of the direction. But he couldn't come up with a satisfactory ending. Fans were so disappointed after following it to the end McGoohan left Britain and went to the US. He became best buddies with Peter Faulk and guest starred and directed a few Columbo episodes. You can see them trying to make each other 'corpse' in some scenes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…