Nightmare of Cancelling AOL

DrHoliday 16:18 20 Jun 06

Listen to what happens when this guy try's to cancel AOL;-)
click here

Snec 16:42 20 Jun 06

Obviously a spoof. A (good?) joke based on a grain of truth, like all good jokes.

rdave13 00:02 21 Jun 06

I'm on AOL and have heard some similar stories. Maybe not so much a spoof! A workmate of mine cancelled his AOL account but still they took his monthly payments through his credit card. His bank are now dealing with it but so far its been twelve months and still not resolved! Being forewarned is always useful and if ever I want to cancel with AOL I'll involve my credit card company at the date of cancellation.

rmcqua 10:00 21 Jun 06

I had a very similar experience to Rdave13's friend. When my family moved back from the USA it took ages to get AOL to stop taking monthly debits from the c/c account. I tried e-mails, letters, faxes, the lot.

pj123 10:21 21 Jun 06

No problem cancelling my AOL account apart from a 20 minute, or so, phone bill.

click here

HondaMan 14:12 21 Jun 06

I cancelled mine without any problem. I think its how you appear to them. If you are wavering they'll try to make you stay, if you're determined, they don't argue - much.

GRFT 14:45 24 Jun 06

I hear that AOL is coming under fire by the US authorites because of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…