Nigel Farage MP

cream. 22:31 29 Apr 14
Answered

If the Newark on Trent by-election is in June or July. Then there may be a good chance he will go for it.

Especially if he does well in the euro's. The knives will then show their face.

Will the tory majority go for him?

lotvic 22:46 29 Apr 14

I was taken by surprise earlier by the BNP party political broadcast on tv.

Reckon anything is potentially possible in today's atmosphere of unrest.

fourm member 22:51 29 Apr 14

It will be interesting to see how Farage plays this.

If he decides not to stand he'll be accused of being scared of being shown up as a single issue politician.

If he decides to stand that will be Ukip saying that they only have one person who has the ability to become an MP.

Plus, standing and getting beaten so soon after the Euro-elections would burst Ukip's bubble. That's a big gamble.

Forum Editor 22:59 29 Apr 14

"Reckon anything is potentially possible in today's atmosphere of unrest"

Am I living in a different country or something - what atmosphere of unrest? Unrest is what's happening in Ukraine, we're simply about to have some elections. If a bit of social and political jockeying and a period of economic upset is unrest we've been in a state of unrest on many occasions over the past 50 years or so.

Mr Mistoffelees 23:23 29 Apr 14

It saddens me that a party of, alleged, racists and xenophobes has gained such a high level of popularity in this country.

lotvic 23:24 29 Apr 14

FE, It was said tongue-in-cheek in response to cream.'s "Especially if he does well in the euro's. The knives will then show their face. Will the tory majority go for him?"

(I don't think cream. meant that literally)

mole1944 06:02 30 Apr 14

Dammed if he does,dammed if he doesn't. The three other main parties must be afraid of him for whatever we think of Nigel, they're attacking him to keep there status quo,if only we were to get that promised in/out referendum then people would happy, but as usual it's jam tomorrow. Sorry MPs like it or not he has every right to stand for parliament, and we have every right to vote for him if he is standing in our constituency.Right F.E. now chastise me for the post.

carver 08:23 30 Apr 14

If Nigel Farage does put himself up as a candidate for this by election he has no chance of winning and he knows that as a fact, the Tory majority was 16000 and to overturn that you want a miracle.

What is worrying to the other parties is if he were to come second with a decent % of the vote.

UKIP as a political party has been laughed at made fun of and at every opportunity been branded racist, but it's now coming back to bite the other parties.

UKIP are exploiting the fears and worries of a lot of the people in this country and saying the things that average Joe Blogg can't ask because he would be branded a racist.

So next time one of you think that he's a joke just be careful he could be your MP one day.

fourm member 09:20 30 Apr 14

Well, no surprise there. Farage is a joke but he's a dangerous joke because he's not completely stupid.

As he said, getting beaten in Newark would destroy Ukip's momentum.

What he didn't say when he told Norman Smith on BBC1 that he wouldn't be running was that, if he declared as a candidate, electoral rules would have put a block on most of his media coverage.

What he did say, though I wonder how long it will take to sink in, is that in the coming months Ukip will be targeting 2 or 3 dozen seats for the 2015 election.

For Jock1e and others, then, Farage is not going to be PM in 2015.

More than that Ukip is not going to be part of a coalition government.

That means the key question is not what sort of PM would Farage be but what sort of PM will Miliband be when Labour gets in because Ukip splits the right.

They say always finish with a joke so here's two to be going on with.

Nigel Farage decided not to stand in Mercer's constituency when he realised the anagram would haunt him.

Nigel Farage won't be seen drinking beer again because he's lost his bottle.

carver 09:34 30 Apr 14

FM you just don't get it do you, "As he said, getting beaten in Newark would destroy Ukip's momentum" no coming second would boost it sky high.

And you still have to pull him down by making stupid jokes, I make jokes and people FE deletes the post but insult to your hearts content and you get away with it, funny world.

No wonder more people are beginning to vote for them when we get people like you run out of arguments and just take to libelling them.

fourm member 09:39 30 Apr 14

'FM you just don't get it do you, "As he said, getting beaten in Newark would destroy Ukip's momentum" no coming second would boost it sky high.'

It just gets better.

It was Farage himself who said that getting beaten in Newark would destroy Ukip's momentum. Carver it seems knows better than Farage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now