Nice work if you can get it!

peter99co 21:06 04 Jun 08

Press Officer Wanted.

click here

Totally-braindead 21:20 04 Jun 08

The arguement is that if these people worked in the private sector they would get more money. Well that might be true and I certainly couldn't argue against that but I don't think any council employee whether chief exec or whatever is worth that sort of money. A private person could have his/her salary based on increasing profits etc but the same doesn't hold true of council workers.

I also don't understand why the council has more and more employees and seem to provide less and less services. Bins for example, emptied every fortnight instead of weekly, more housing officers when theres less council houses due to council house sales etc.

Incidently I tried to see my housing officer a couple of months ago and was asked which one I wanted to see, I asked what she meant as I had already stated where I lived and I was informed I had three housing officers depending on what I wanted to be seen about, seems they deal with different aspects of the job. There was only one before and she did it all so why we need three now beats me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…