Nice work if it's true?

Bingalau 10:22 14 Oct 10

Tata Cars (India) are set to turn out a car which runs on compressed air. Let's hope they get it on the market PDQ and save all our money going to these big oil companies.

click here

Quickbeam 10:38 14 Oct 10

There's already a cheaper model in production click here it's not new technology y'know.

wiz-king 10:43 14 Oct 10

Unless you use a foot-pump to recharge the cylinders then you will use gas or oil to generate electricity to power the pump. Don't forget that compressing air takes power and looses some of it as heat.

wolfie3000 10:47 14 Oct 10

wiz-king is right, in the end its just PR bull****
Like the electric car and so on.

Bingalau 11:03 14 Oct 10

But it can't possibly spew out all the poisons that cars and lorries do. Can it?

Chris the Ancient 12:28 14 Oct 10

Reading the article, I see that you get 'topped up' with compressed air at appropriate points for quite a cheap rate, I agree that it takes fuel to compress the air, but I can't see the supplier doing it at a loss. And whatever energy that supplier is using to run the compressor, surely it is using a lot less and, hence, producing less pollution!

finerty 12:34 14 Oct 10

I heard some Indians had developed a motorbike that runs on compressed air

john bunyan 12:57 14 Oct 10

The only way to reduce carbon emissions from cars is to ensure alternatives to petrol and diesel have less total emissions than the normal. For example, electric cars produce emissions at the power stations, as do hydrogen powered ones, and maybe compressed air too. Unless power stations capture the CO2 at source, you are just shifting the pollution to them. Carbon capture is absolutely vital. Ideally the captured CO2 would be "fed" to algae to produce fuel - a distant dream.

interzone55 14:45 14 Oct 10

I wonder how far the 20p's worth of air will get you at the tyre pump...

Kevscar1 16:30 14 Oct 10

Some members would do very well with this type of vehicle. After all there are a few who are full of hot air.

jack 17:42 14 Oct 10

Transport Generated Pollution.

It id called ..........Walking

All the rest is moonshine and wishful thinking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017