A nice word about the NHS...

Mr Mistoffelees 17:22 06 Oct 09

I've just spent 24 hours in Yeovil District Hospital, in south Somerset.

I have to say that every member of staff I had any contact with, doctors, two consultants, several nursing staff and others, were unfailing friendly, efficient and a pleasure to be looked after by.

wiz-king 17:58 06 Oct 09

Didn't see the mortuary then. *grin*

Snec 18:05 06 Oct 09

My wife was admitted to the new 355 million pound Royal Derby hospital last week and in contrast to your stay was poorly treated.... not by the nurses or staff but by the system.

This is the letter I wrote to hospital management:

Dear Sir
Re: Appalling Lack Of Administration.

My wife was admitted to your Surgical Assessment ward in the early hours of Monday 28th September 2009.

Later that morning at approximately 11am I rang to enquire how she was and was told that she was to be transferred to another ward and that I should ring later with my enquiry. I am keeping this as brief as I can……. It would take several pages to relate verbatim the amount of time I spent on the phone later that day, being passed from one ward to another, in a fruitless attempt to locate her. She had completely disappeared from your system. She herself was physically being passed around the place by hospital staff trying to find somewhere with a bed, or to be more precise a bed with a mattress.

Worse still, as it transpires, your Surgeon, Mr Thomas, was having the same problem as me, although by late evening he did manage to track her down.

On picking my wife up this morning I discovered that our experience was by no means unique. Indeed it appears to be the norm.

Sir, you need more beds, more mattresses, a system that works and staff training in the use of this system, not next week, not tomorrow but now.

Yours sincerely

Stuartli 20:35 06 Oct 09

My other half has been receiving a wide range of (usually very expensive) treatment for various diseases and illnesses from various hospitals in Glasgow, Liverpool and the Wirral (amongst others) for the past 16 years.

Apart from the quite rare instances of sometimes awkward employees, the service has been absolutely outstanding throughout and continues to be so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5