NHS patients who opted out of having their details shared

carver 09:25 29 Jan 15

Are you one of those people such as myself who opted out of having their NHS details shared with third party's.

I just thought that I didn't want my details shared with say a company who could just buy my details as a way of trying to sell me health related products.

But according to this I may now lose out on some other things I didn't even know about.

Recently the scariest words I hear are, "We are the Government and we are here to help."

bumpkin 16:08 29 Jan 15

A strange coincidence that you should post that. May not seem relevant but have a look at my posts on john drews thread about the rogue, page6 4.21pm and page 7 4.33pm.

john bunyan 16:36 29 Jan 15

For my first 74 years I hardly ever visited the doctor. Since then I have had a number of serious issues, for one of which I had expensive immune therapy treatment and "Gamma Knife" treatment. I was asked to be a "guinea pig" by my Professor of Oncology - this involves giving many blood samples etc and even , possibly,(as an appreciative patient) addressing the fund suppliers about the fact that my semi experimental treatment seems very effective. I feel that if I share my results that it may help others to have the same or similar treatment.

My wife, on the other hand has opted out!

Forum Editor 19:07 29 Jan 15

Perhaps you can opt back in again.

john bunyan 19:10 29 Jan 15

Forum Editor

I am in; my wife is out!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now