NHS and latest illnesses flooding hospitals

mbc 16:03 28 Jun 14

News report on tv states that hospitals throughout the country are being swamped by patients with unseasonal illnesses, more akin to winter. I am just getting over an infection which has lasted 3 weeks, and I know of 4 others with similar symptoms. Just from interest, have any other members been laid low recently? Is there some sort of epidemic beginning to show itself?

Symptoms start with fever (high temp with uncontrollable shivering), vomiting, frequent passing of urine, dizziness, generally feeling unwell and lethargic.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 28 Jun 14

"Take two asprin go to bed and come back to see me in the morning if things don't get any better"

spider9 17:44 28 Jun 14

FruitBat

More likely:- "....come back and see me a week on Thursday..."

mbc 20:07 28 Jun 14

Fruit Bat-are you propositioning me?;)

Actually, 2 weekly courses of anti-biotics did not do the trick, and my brother-in -law ended up in hospital-so there.:)

rdave13 20:20 28 Jun 14

mbc flu symptoms to me. I've only had proper flu once. Bed for two weeks, linen changed every day, drinking a lot, living on tomato soup as it was the only thing I could taste. Everything else tasted of vinegar. Sleeping and it was a hell of a job to get out of bed for a pee. Cold as frozen hell once out of the bed and unsteady and weak on feet. Shivering and feeling, best way I can describe it, in a cloud. Absolutely the worst illness I've had. Took another week to get my strength back before returning to normal.

bumpkin 22:34 28 Jun 14

*Symptoms start with fever (high temp with uncontrollable shivering), vomiting, frequent passing of urine, dizziness, generally feeling unwell and lethargic. *

I thought that was normal.

rdave13 22:44 28 Jun 14

bumpkin , only after a night on the bevvy.

Aitchbee 23:34 28 Jun 14

... could-well-be the imagined psychocomatically induced after-effects of a part-nation in grief ... 'cos England went out of the World Cup ... prematurely ... in the eyes of the beholders?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…