The NHS

The Brigadier 18:36 24 Jul 07

Seems my current working lifestyle has caused a few problems recently!
Whilst away recently on work I was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack.
Very luckily though it now seems I have instead ripped/damaged part of the muscle round my rib cage.
So no lifting, doing dangerous things & plenty of exercise.

But the NHS Hospital I was seen in was really good, clean & above all very professional in their approach.

Now back home resting.

Kate B 18:37 24 Jul 07

Very glad to hear you're ok, Brigadier!

DrScott 18:51 24 Jul 07

but don't forget your deep breathing exercises!

Totally-braindead 19:18 24 Jul 07

It must be contagious The Brigadier the same thing happened to me a few months ago. I too was told that I had torn the muscles round my rib cage. Annoying thing is I can't recall how I did it.

sunny staines 19:31 24 Jul 07

you may get a bit of ribbing with this post

Forum Editor 19:39 24 Jul 07

but wasn't it you who posted exactly the same thing some weeks ago?

Perhaps I'm dreaming, and it was someone else.

Totally-braindead 19:52 24 Jul 07

Might have been me FE I did comment in a thread a few weeks ago ( I think the thread was about the NHS ) about what had happened to me when I thought I might have had a heart attack.
Didn't see the one you think The Brigadier posted - not to say he didn't just don't remember it.

Forum Editor 19:55 24 Jul 07

I'm sure that's it - I knew I had read it somewhere in the forum recently. My apologies for landing you with two suspected heart attacks,The Brigadier.

laurie53 20:57 24 Jul 07

I actually did have one a few years ago (ten days after I retired, actually!) and from the time a smiling ambulanceman put his head round the bedroom door, through a smiling team of nurses all greeting me by my christian name as I was wheeled in, to the senior hospital pharmacist giving me my going home pills, and calling me a taxi, at NHS expense, when he found I had no-one coming to pick me up, I was enveloped in a warm blanket of TLC.

I know there are problems in the NHS but there's not a lot I could fault there.

For the record, the Victoria at Kirkcaldy in Fife

Bingalau 21:03 24 Jul 07

Welcome home Brigadier.

The Brigadier 21:23 24 Jul 07

Cheers FE:)
On a new regime of diet+exercise.
And a target to loose about 1 to 2 stone in weight.
My local gym seem pleased to see me though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…