The next PCA milestone nears

TOPCAT® 16:12 25 Sep 04

149,066 at the last check. As I may miss the 150,000th registration because of my enforced absence, may I prematurely congratulate PCA on its achievement and all its members for their foresight in joining us. ;o) TC.

JonnyTub 17:37 25 Sep 04

hip hip........

Forum Editor 18:25 25 Sep 04

long before we reach 150,000 TC, but thanks for the kind words anyway.

smokingbeagle² 19:50 25 Sep 04

Dibble get you?

smokingbeagle² 19:51 25 Sep 04

:-<)

kev.Ifty 21:21 25 Sep 04

It is very impressive !

I wonder, though, how many still visit and how many are multiple identities for the same person.

Is there any chance FE might be able to give us some statistics. When he has some {spare} time........;~)

Best wishes to you all

Kev.

carolineann 14:46 26 Sep 04

Why would people have multiple identities?

Caroline

Forum Editor 16:21 26 Sep 04

for reasons of their own. I many cases we know that people like to post under different usernames. Why they do this isn't always clear, and of course we have ways of knowing when the same person registers another name.

In the main however the number of registered users is pretty accurate, although just because a person is registered it doesn't mean that he/she visits the forum regularly - many people only use the site when they have a problem, and once it's been resolved they don't come back for a long while. Many others login regularly but never post - they simply read the threads and logout again.

Over the years we've removed people from the registered database for various reasons. Sometimes it's been at their own request and sometimes because they've misbehaved in some way. The total number of people removed in this way is very small when compared to the total registration figure however.

We have lots of members who live abroad, and I can see people logging in from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Eire, Canada and both North and South America, as well as from all parts of the UK and mainland Europe. All in all we're an internationally-known forum, although the bulk of our members live in the UK.

kev.Ifty 21:42 26 Sep 04

Many thanks.

Kev

wolfie3000 05:33 27 Sep 04

hiya F.E. talking about statistics iv wondered how many wolfies there are because it took me ages to register this name i tried all sorts of combinations iv found that on other sites when i register that wolfie is a common name.
and what is the most common name?

Danoh 00:05 28 Sep 04

Wow, I did not realise there were so many international members! Great to hear!!

Would there be some sort of commemorative banner on the site, come _the_ day? International in theme, of course! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…