News Of The World To Fold

Crosstrainer2 16:54 PM 07 Jul 11
Answered

This Sundays News of the World will be it's last (radio 5 1 minute ago)

Rest in dishonourable pieces

Crosstrainer2 17:00 PM 07 Jul 11

They didn't even tell the staff, many of whom are probably decent, hardworking people.

The mind boggles!

Al94 17:02 PM 07 Jul 11
Answer

Good news, lost all credibility and hopefully a lesson to the industry.

eikonuj 17:05 PM 07 Jul 11

Never bought it, never read it, never mind.

Crosstrainer2 17:07 PM 07 Jul 11

Have not bought a paper in years. And I'm probably better informed for it!

anskyber 17:19 PM 07 Jul 11

Laughable.

A chronic piece of stage management on a rapidly sinking ship. I agree with fourm member that this window dressing (my words not fm) will have little relevance to the real world as the publics' taste for distaste is replaced by a NI paper.

Blackhat 17:23 PM 07 Jul 11

20+ Years ago I was a friend of a reporter from said rag and he always told me that he did his most creative writing on a Sunday morning when filling out his expenses for the week.

He would collect others receipts from bars and restaurants all week and if looked into it would have sometimes shown him eating up to 4 evening meals the same night and drinking enough to kill a man most days of the week.

He did eventually pass away due to liver disease but I bet the MP’s expenses scandal would be nothing compared to newspaper reporters. Good job they are privately owned and it is only their cost.

beynac 17:24 PM 07 Jul 11

A cynic might feel that News International are pre-empting the inevitable in order to be judged 'fit and proper' in respect of the BSkyB deal.

wiz-king 17:30 PM 07 Jul 11

Could it be a legal get out - you cant sue us - we don't exist? Ergo - we have no money.

peter99co 17:35 PM 07 Jul 11

beynac

A cynic might feel that News International are pre-empting the inevitable in order to be judged 'fit and proper' in respect of the BSkyB deal.

You may be right! That prize is not won yet.

Forum Editor 17:46 PM 07 Jul 11

Ken Clarke has it right

This is simply a re-branding exercise.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…