The news on TV spolit by celebs

sunnystaines 11:51 23 Nov 08

Is anyone like me I enjoy watching the news to learn about current affairs at home and abroad.

But so much of the news even headlines being taken over with utter nonsense re celeb news who really wants to know about big brother and madonnas divorce, posh/becks etc

At the moment its all this john sergeant dance quitting come news programes ditch the junk and get the news back on.

oresome 11:57 23 Nov 08

The news is all bad at the moment and editors sense that we're being overloaded.

A little light relief to break the monotony?

Cymro. 12:05 23 Nov 08

I Agree completely with you sunnystaines.
There should be some sort of channel that is dedicated to media news and leave us to enjoy news of currant affairs etc.

Even the BBC is now going the way of the other channels especially since this business with John Sargeant.

spuds 12:05 23 Nov 08

Bit like our local daily newspaper. A wheelie bin fire or pages of adverts is really 'big' news. :O((

I tend to find satellite stations, bring the more serious news to the publics attention, especially with 'on the scene' coverage.

sunnystaines 12:10 23 Nov 08

I notice this weekends riots in iceland over the finance crisis there has been kept off the TV news would be more interesting than celeb stuff.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:19 23 Nov 08

I hope your not suggesting that the news is censored in our "free" country. :0)

The news is just catering for the millions of morons that watch TV.

Most people aren't interested in proper news, hence the large number of "celebrity" news magazines.

QuizMan 12:34 23 Nov 08

Switch off the TV and switch on Radio 4.

sunnystaines 12:40 23 Nov 08

QuizMan

google news is handy

sunnystaines 12:41 23 Nov 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\

you have a good point

QuizMan 12:49 23 Nov 08

sunnystaines

Thanks for the reminder. It's a while since I've been there.

anchor 13:40 23 Nov 08

I prefer listening to the news on the BBC World service. Less parochial, and free of celeb stories.

Listen on the web, or 648Khz medium wave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…