New Years Eve

tullie 11:13 01 Jan 08

Just seing on the news how busy the ambulance service were last night.Why do have such moronic behavior like this every year?

Earthsea 11:31 01 Jan 08

Alcohol consumption?

thms 11:35 01 Jan 08

Large crowds plus large amounts of alcohol = Moronic behavior.

crosstrainer 12:59 01 Jan 08

Who do not go out on a regular basis, seem to regard New Years eve as an excuse to "give it a go"

martjc 14:02 01 Jan 08

...stay in - with suitable libation, of course. Jools Holland's Hootenanny was good this year. I can go out for a drink later if I wish. It'll be less risky then!!!

Forum Editor 16:38 01 Jan 08

every year?

The answer is pretty simple really - it's because people drink too much, and cease to behave with much sense of responsibility.

Legolas 16:43 01 Jan 08

More call-outs for the emergency services this year since 2000

tullie 19:34 01 Jan 08

Going out later would solve that problem

Totally-braindead 00:19 02 Jan 08

As would paying some attention to the amount you pour down your throat.

donki 15:26 02 Jan 08

I went out this NYE for the first time in a few years and really enjoyed it. I was slightly "happy" but got home in one piece at about 5. Again there are the people who do just seem to go out for the one reason.... to get airlocked. People must drink responsilby and the onus is on them to do so but staff in pubs and clubs have the rite to refuse service and this right should be excercised alot more.

Ex plorer 16:47 02 Jan 08

To go out and get tanked up, be sick, get a splitting headache next day, or have to be taken to hospital isn't the best way of starting any NY.
Beats me how people can afford to make such drunken morons of them selves.
Its not fair to load the police and ambulance service and hospital staff through self inflicted alcohol abuse.
Have some light hearted fun yes.
I wounder what would happen if the age for drinking was 21?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…