The new version of Minder

robgf 00:00 12 Feb 09

Now that two episodes of Minder have been aired, I wondered what everyone thought?
I thought the stories were a rather weak and the characters lack a certain something. It was more noticeable this week, with Rick Mayall easily out performing the rest of the cast.
I will give it another chance next week, to see if the story is better, but so far it is a bit of a damp squib IMOP.

Forum Editor 00:13 12 Feb 09

which was about fourteen minutes too many as far as I am concerned.

MAJ 02:18 12 Feb 09

The original with George Cole and Dennis Waterman was brilliant, so I haven't watched any of the new series. I've liked George Cole's acting since he appeared in St. Trinians with my all-time favourite actor Alistair Sim. It's a pity the new series doesn't appear to be as good as the original, but it's early days yet.

Chegs ®™ 08:17 12 Feb 09

As I despise football,I watch Minder if the TV is on.I do watch out of interest in the old series to see if the characters show any "personalisation" as promised in the various interviews.I havent seen any so will probably resume sitting at the PC as has been usual.

newman35 08:26 12 Feb 09

A mistake!
It's awful, and is made even more obvious when the 'old' series is running every day so that direct comparisons are easily made.

George Cole made 'Arthur' his own, I cannot even imagine any other actor surpassing his long, continuous performance in that role. Brilliant.

ulrich 08:53 12 Feb 09

For me as I never saw it when it first came out and I think it is very funny.

oresome 10:56 12 Feb 09

The second episode was passed over last night. The first was enough to confirm it hadn't got the charm of the original. George Cole would always be a tough act to follow, so best not try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…