New Uniform for THE BIG M

DANZIG 07:53 23 Apr 08

McDonald's have introduced a new uniform.

Apparently it makes the poor sods that work there feel better about the job.

Is that possible? Can a uniform make employees of anywhere feel any different about the work they do?

I've just heard as well that the old uniform chafed your nipples!!! Ouch!! No wonder they all look totally cheesed off when I go in there...

Quickbeam 07:59 23 Apr 08

They'll still smell of stale chip fat when I take the staff home at night.

"Would you like to upgrade to a large drink, & extra cholesterol rat burger sir?"

Pineman100 08:45 23 Apr 08

Is it possible to have just the cholesterol, without the burger please? At least it wouldn't taste so ******* awful.

belfman 08:46 23 Apr 08

"Is that possible? Can a uniform make employees of anywhere feel any different about the work they do?"

To a degree yes it can. It's the first aspect of your job, you get ready and put your uniform on. In my time of working for several firms I have wore some awful fabrics and put up with some awful colours!

Back to the subject of McDonald's I recently visited the one in Victoria Square Belfast. It's decor was quite contemporary and indeed more of a classy feel. My daughter asked "Why are we not going to McDonald's?" my opinion was it was weird eating McDonald's food in a restaurant like that... Give me the original American style restaurant anytime!

DANZIG 08:51 23 Apr 08

Fair point. Maybe its not the actual style or design of the uniform though, maybe its just a 'change' thats needed every now and again?

I've been with the same company now for 14 years and have had several uniforms (about 7 or 8 I think). Not major changes, but it always creates a bit of conversation and (dare I say it) excitement when a new one comes on the horizon.

interzone55 09:00 23 Apr 08

My feeling is that Bruce Oldfield hasn't put much thought into this new uniform, or else he wouldn't have included a scarf - surely that's a risk in a food preparation environment.

Quickbeam 09:06 23 Apr 08

"Is that possible? Can a uniform make employees of anywhere feel any different about the work they do?"

The Japanese certainly believe that.

belfman 09:07 23 Apr 08

Current employer for 2 years me and a work colleague (that's for the magaing ed's eyes... work colleague, lol) had a conversation just yesterday about needing new uniforms because these ones are almost worn out. He was telling me about the previous navy uniform and the green ones of old and how bad they were... so it definately counts in job satisfaction.

johndrew 09:32 23 Apr 08

Not only should there be a new uniform to help employees feel better about what they do, there should be a substantial supplement on what is charged for what is sold over the counter. This could then be used to pay for clearing up the waste food and packaging deposited on our streets by some of the customers served. Perhaps this action would encourage those who dispose of waste responsibly to `suggest` to those who don`t that it would be a good idea.

DANZIG 09:36 23 Apr 08

In our local 'restaurant' I believe there should be a bouncer on the door to kick out the foul mouthed scum that make the customers' and no doubt the employees' day an absolute misery..

Maybe the cash could be spent on that??

DANZIG 11:03 23 Apr 08

Excellent point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…