A new type of customer

Dragon_Heart 17:22 03 Mar 11

If you visit a McDonald’s restaurant on a weekend you will now find amongst the separated Dad's talking their kids for a treat or harassed Mum's attempting to order whilst her offspring argue about were to sit or who's getting what toy in the Happy Meal you will find another new type of customer.

Hunched over, eyes squinted, their large digits attempting to type out their password on keys that a a little too small attempting to multi task ( eating ).

Their common calls are :-

Have you got a £$&%£”£ connection ?

“£$%^ my battery has gone dead !

*&^$%$£ spilt my coffee on the thing !

This burger is cold ! ( that's after spending the last 10 minutes unloading their kit and attempting to log onto the free wi-fi )

The stress ( not helped by the extra cups of coffee ) is clear to see.

After a little while they start to squirm as they need the toilet ( not helped by the extra cups of coffee ) but dare not move for fear of getting their kit stolen or losing their connection.

All this time, whilst sitting alone at a 4 person table, a young harassed mother looks on waiting for a table.

SAD !

peter99co 17:28 03 Mar 11

I went in a McDonald’s once.

Forum Editor 17:39 03 Mar 11

It's not a new thing as far as McDonalds is concerned.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:43 03 Mar 11

I was under the impression that one was not forced to go to McD's.

G

Dragon_Heart 17:46 03 Mar 11

The number of these 'types' does appear to have grown over the past few months, and at Little Chef I understand.

Could this be the result of cheaper notebooks ? ( My brother-in-law sent his back as he could never get a connection even on his home network )

Dragon_Heart 18:00 03 Mar 11

You have no teenage children then GANDAFF ?

A trip to Toys R Us then a McD's and our lads VERY happy.

I know you can get mobile phone blockers but can you get portable wi-fi blockers ?

Chegs ®™ 20:22 03 Mar 11

I often park outside McD's whilst the missus goes shopping,so I can use their WiFi and pass the time surfing.I also note that several other people park around McD's during the evening & are also surfing as I can see their faces illuminated by the screen.I've also discovered that many of the clubs/pubs around the town no longer offer free WiFi(they used to)as I've had to ensure I take my mobile phone with me for internet access.

jakimo 20:35 03 Mar 11

Ive been told the coffee is quite good

Aitchbee 20:58 03 Mar 11

Get your hands on the book mentioned above.
It will help you pass the time, and give you an insight to what goes on behind the scenes of the fast food restaurant industry.

BT 08:56 04 Mar 11

It is, and much cheaper than the overpriced 'Status' outlets.

Saw a bloke in the Docs waiting room using a Laptop the other day. Not sure if he was online or not.

Woman using her mobile in there one day, despite the notices, missed her name coming up on the display and the Doc ended up coming out and calling her name. No apologies and finished her call before getting up and going into the surgery.

gengiscant 09:57 04 Mar 11

I went into MacDonald's once and have never been back to eat, I have to go with the granddaughter. I found the burgers tasteless and the coffee absolutely awful.
I admit this was many years ago and hope that things might have improved but I have no wish to find out if they have or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced