New tax vs old tax

Dragon_Heart 29 Apr 13

We already now have the extra bedroom tax, what will be next ?

We have already had the 'window' tax, which resulted in thousands of windows being bricked up.

I suggest a gnome tax, a barbecue tax and a conifer tax …. any other suggestions ?

Dragon_Heart 29 Apr 13

Are we the only two on tonight Lazarus the 2nd ?

Air-breathing Tax …. they already have that but your not taxed on breathing in only out

Nooky Tax …... I will get a tax rebate then :-). They do have a sort of 'nooky' tax in Japan if a couple only have one child they get a tax rebate, two children then nothing and three or more you get higher and higher tax's

BT 29 Apr 13

They do have a sort of 'nooky' tax in Japan if a couple only have one child they get a tax rebate, two children then nothing and three or more you get higher and higher tax's

Perhaps we should have that here. It would save a fortune in benefits.

spider9 29 Apr 13

BT

But where would all the young workers, needed to pay for the pensions of the old, then come from?

Ah, yes, we encourage more immigrants to fill that need???

Quickbeam 29 Apr 13

Not if their child benefit money gets sent overseas to pay to another nation's pensioners.

Quickbeam 29 Apr 13

oh dear, perhaps a tax on opening cans of worms...?

fourm member 29 Apr 13

'We already now have the extra bedroom tax'

What is that? I can't find anything about it on the government website.

spider9 29 Apr 13

"I can't find anything about it on the government website"

Perhaps if you tried looking in the section where the phantom 'Poll Tax' was hiding?

carver 29 Apr 13

"oh dear, perhaps a tax on opening cans of worms...?"

How about a tax on people who will argue over anything.

Quickbeam 29 Apr 13

You might find that rather expensive...

carver 29 Apr 13

Quickbeam But I would get a rebate for having a "laugh allowance"

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message