New spin or just another gimmick

def90csw 18:49 30 Sep 06
  tony58 19:25 30 Sep 06

no spivs please

Diodorus Siculus 19:38 30 Sep 06

As someone said this morning on the radio, it's reminiscent of Willy Whitelaw photographed doing the ironing... no one could quite believe it to be true.

def90csw 20:47 30 Sep 06

Well seems that a few people on other forums think it was "staged managed" to make DC look like a homely family man the voters would vote for or am i just being cynical?

Kate B 21:40 30 Sep 06

Of course it's stage managed, all politicians' appearances are stage managed. I think it's a decent stab at showing he's a tech-friendly dad, but it's hopelessly cheesy. And I make my decisions about who to vote for on old-fashioned things like policy, not ability to cope with a computer.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:47 30 Sep 06

Reminded me of Philip Harbin.

Totally-braindead 22:51 30 Sep 06

Oh dear. I heard about this on the news tonight. Personally I find its a rather sad attempt to make him appear more of a common man on the street.

I'm afraid I find it rather pathetic though I'm sure some others will disagree.

Forum Editor 22:56 30 Sep 06

is the word that sprang to my mind, too.

It's patronisiong in the extreme, the way that politicians of all parties seem to think we'll fall for all this "look, I'm just like one of you" nonsense.

I'm with Kate on this - my vote goes to the party which has the best policies, not the one which comes across as being the most trendy.

wolfie3000 00:34 01 Oct 06

Have to admit i like the name (Webcameron) although its really cheesy.

Still i agree with others i vote on party policy not on a sad attempt to look like one of us.

I can just imagine David cameron saying "hey look everyone, im like you, the little people!"

I grew up under Thatcher, never again.

€dstowe 10:08 01 Oct 06

Definite sensation of severe nausea has come over me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009