New rules for consumer protection

charmingman 09:40 26 May 08

Thought this would be a intresting subject as it can affect nearly everyone...

click here

spider9 10:02 26 May 08

Fortune tellers would have already have taken steps to avoid the issue, surely!

wolfie3000 10:02 26 May 08

Fortune-tellers, astrologers and mediums are among those affected by the rules, which require them to say their services are for "entertainment only".

Thank god for that law, but why would someone pay for such a service as am astrologer is beyond me.

but i digress, any law that benefits the consumer is good in my opinion.

Forum Editor 10:18 26 May 08

which seeks to protect consumers against unscrupulous traders I can't help wondering quite how effective this is going to be.

There simply aren't enough Trading Standards staff to cope with the additional workload.

jakimo 12:15 28 May 08

As with all the new laws introduced in this country,there just isn't the manpower to enforce them

spuds 11:01 29 May 08

I wonder how this will effect the Spiritualist churches. Cannot seem them putting up 'for entertainment only' stickers and notices!.

In the 1940/50s, there was many a 'medium gathering' held in peoples homes in our location, and I suspect elsewhere.

Reading some of the adverts in the media, can bring all sorts of wonders and mysteries. I knew some of the staff at a police station, who attended a session or two at one local fortune tellers establishments. I am sure this helped to boost the fortune tellers income, and perhaps some morals that particular week.

But thinking back, didn't we have these people from the first days of mankind. Perhaps that is why the burning at the stake and ducking came into force!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…