New pc or xbox?

wolfie3000 23:15 03 Apr 06

after a long debate with friends we are looking at two choices with the whole Halo2 being released only on vista issue.

The first choice is to wait until windows vista is released and then buy it with new pc,s and halo2.

The second is for us all to buy xboxs halo2 and an xbox live subscription.

Which would be cheaper in the long run?

SG Atlantis® 23:20 03 Apr 06

That's a hard one.

It different kinds of gaming isn't it. The most economical way is the xboxes but then the game may be slightly different and have a different feel to it.

I know, buy the xboxes now and wait til your PC is an OAP and needs retired and then go the Vista way, which seems to be put back further and further anyway.

wolfie3000 23:23 03 Apr 06

thats one of the desicions we were looking at was the feel of the game on the xbox,
and will halo2 on vista have new features?

And what about mods? its easier to put in new maps on a pc.

Its a tough choice.

wolfie3000 23:26 03 Apr 06

I would be interested to know FE,s take on this as im sure you have had alot of experience with vista?

keith-236134 08:40 04 Apr 06

I wouldn't worry about Halo only being for Vista, no doubt they will bring out fix so you play it on XP.

Totally-braindead 16:48 04 Apr 06

Personally I'd go the PC way, not because its better or cheaper or anything its just I like using the mouse and keyboard.

If hairyplums is right and he may well be then I might buy Halo 2 providing they do make a fix so you can play it under XP but I will not be upgrading to Vista just to play one game however good it may be. Mr Gates is not the worlds richest man for nothing you know.

wolfie3000 17:32 04 Apr 06

Well i dont want to risk waiting for a xp fix,
Looks like we will all go for the Xbox option just need to figure out how to install new maps and mods.

I just wish Bungie/microsoft would bring it out for XP its causing me no end of problems trying to get Halo2.

I know in the end its only a game but its the best game ever made,

citadel 18:26 04 Apr 06

Are you sure it's the best game, have you played oblivion yet.

Starfox 18:41 04 Apr 06

Ooooooh,that's a brave statement woolfie.Depends on your taste but I think Unreal Tournament 2007 (Due out May 26th this year)will better it! ;o)

wolfie3000 18:56 04 Apr 06

Well to me Halo 1 and 2 are the best games made,
But as you say Starfox its personal taste.

I havent played Oblivion is it any good and has it got a website?

As for unreal tournament its a good game but its to similar to other games like doom, (running around dark coridoors)

Starfox 18:59 04 Apr 06

Nah - try playing Onslaught online,no corridors just loads of vehicles and lots of action.Assuming you have U.T 2004 that is?:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos