New Maplin shop

rdave13 20:48 03 Dec 05

Went christmas shopping today with my better half to Wrexham. The usual trudge for me but lo and behold,not even a 100 yards from our car park, I noticed a new shop.
Maplins.

Great I thought I can browse here for a few houres untill needed.Not so as she who must be obayed said,"I won't be able to carry all the stuff we buy so you can wait 'till home time".

FINE BY ME.

What happened was that when home time came she was too tired "to stand around in such a shop" and she wanted to go home.

Some other time maybe.:((

PaulB2005 21:55 03 Dec 05

In these situations you must ALWAYS use the phrase "I'll only be a minute, love" and then carry on regardless. They soon learn....

rdave13 22:00 03 Dec 05

Ah! That's where I went wrong dammit!

To be reasonable though she was carrying 54 bags of goods though.

Ican't 'cause of my back you see ;)

PaulB2005 22:02 03 Dec 05

Ah well. Just remember to remind her of your kindness next time you are strong armed into "popping to the shops" for 6 hours....

rdave13 22:08 03 Dec 05

6 hours plus 1 hour there plus one hour back but "that doesn't count."

Eyes above^^^^^

rdave13 22:08 03 Dec 05

6 hours plus 1 hour there plus one hour back but "that doesn't count."

Eyes above^^^^^

rdave13 22:11 03 Dec 05

A double post-not usual since the new format.

PaulB2005 22:14 03 Dec 05

Now the other trick is to make so much fuss and be such as pain when shopping you get "I'm going shopping. I would ask but....." Then you can stay home - maybe with Taxi duties.

Funny thing is my wife thought it was an achivement to get most of her Xmas shopping done in one day. All i could think was "I could have ordered that lot in under an hour on-line".

She laughs that i do all my Xmas shopping on-line and get it delivered. I laugh when she's out in the cold and i'm sitting here having fun with a cup of tea and the telly....

rdave13 22:24 03 Dec 05

Trouble is my wife doesn't drive and it's a day out. Sad for me exhillerating for her..(((

Ti's done now the evil deed but next year you must give me better advice of how to get to that Maplins shop without the usual scorn..;))

PaulB2005 22:27 03 Dec 05

It's a deal, but only if you can tell me what women want.

rdave13 22:29 03 Dec 05

Come on ..thats simple. Even I know that one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…